My Blog List

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog 4: Reflection.

Brandon Miller
10/05/10
Blog 4: Reflections.

This class has been so far very enlighten. I have learned new techniques and am becoming a better writer. For example I have always heard about free writing and pre writhing before but it never really worked for me. I think that by having the first sentence given to me, it has really made me be abele to focus on what needed to be written. For me, the intro to any thing I write is the only real obstacle. But with having the first sentence I do not have to worry and get the creative juices flowing. I also like the idea of writing without stopping to a degree. I like it because when you are just writing in the moment, you focus more on the writing aspect and not the editing one. That way you can write more and hopefully, get more ideas has you write. But, I also have a problem with it. See I am just writing now as we speak and I am going to look up. There are seven miss spellings on this which is not to bad, but the problem is if I keep typing for too long, I totally forget what was supposed to be said due to the misspelling. It doesn’t happen often, but it is a real pain when it does. I really need to work on my spelling. I also really like the class we had on a thesis. I had done a lot on it in my high school, but it is nice to brush up on it and even go into a little bit more detail with it.

The way I see it, for me you won’t learn by yourself, not all the time. That is why I like working in groups. If I can have feedback from people in and out of my class critiquing my work, I learn better. That is why I think it was a good Idea to work with ENG99 class. I got to help out someone who probably works the same way. For how can you know if you need improvement if no one tells you? In the case of Keith in ENG99, he had a well written paragraph that only needed small tweaks to it. I’m glad I was able to give advice, and I hope I have another opportunity to do so in the future, as well as have someone do it for me as well. I also really like the idea of fellow class meats commenting on our blogs they make them fell more worthwhile and cool having someone we know giving us critical advice, and giving their own opinions on our work. It makes it fell that I actually wrote this for a reason, and not just something I hand in, is only read by the teacher and then forgotten forever in time. I fell more confidants in myself knowing that someone is giving me good reviews. And trust me, I do read the comments and love them, and need them.

Oh one more thing, Ever since the first day of school, when I mentioned that I play video games, a lot of you guys have taken that idea and ran with it. I just want to clarify. Just because I like video games does NOT mean that that is all I ever do. I am a smart fun loving guy who loves to read and write, I am very multilayered, I love to watch movies and hang out with my family and friends. I love dancing I Brandon dance (It is like break dancing only…. crazier.) I am not just some video game obsessed junky. Thank you, for listing and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment