My Blog List

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Brandon Miller Blog # 8 The concept of the other

Brandon Miller
Blog # 8 The concept of the other


Nobody is the same; we all have different types and styles. Things that I love will probably not be what you like. Different strokes for different folks, as it where. Although we have these differences and preferences’, there is nothing wrong with your choice (unless your choice is something illegal.) But while this is the case, we all have an ‘other’ a concept, person or thing that we just completely do not see eye to eye with. Form me, my other is jerks and/or people who are mean.
I always try to be a nice guy, getting along with everyone. I try to never judge someone based on their race or gender and always to be nice and courteous to those around me. But I can’t stand it when a person or person's will go out of their way to harm another in anyway. I just don’t see or understand how someone can get any joy out of it. And while some say they do this at an early age because of problems at home or issues with self confidence, I never understood how harming another would help.
Even at an older age when a person learns more on people, to continue in this way is just mean. And now that they are older they now know how to hurt someone more emotnally, such as playing with their heart in a relationship or stealing money from a person that trusts you. I see no real reason on purposely trying to harm another in such a way.
That is not to say we can never be friends. For instances I have made friends with a lot of “bullies” and people I had fights with in school. And I even became cool with the person who pointed a gun at me and tried to kill me, (What a crazy 16 birthday present that was.) I don’t get to attached to all of them but still it is good to try and at least get to know their full version. I may not like that they can be a jerk or mean but I at least try to be cool with them.At the very least they will not be a jerk to me and I might change them.
Basically what I am trying to say is, my favorite color is orange, for someone else its blue, (The opposite color on the color wheel.) Just because we are opposites, doesn’t mean we can never like each other and try to get along. I think if we all try hard enough, we can live better with each other than without. Accept the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment